Rape of three year old girl: One person taken into custody
Malappuram (Kerala): One person was taken into custody on Thursday in connection with the rape of a three-year old girl at Tirur in this district, police said.
The man from Parappanangadi in Malappuram district was nabbed by police and is being questioned, they said, but did not reveal further details, saying it would hamper the ongoing investigation
Earlier, home minister, Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan had told mediapersons here that police had identified the culprits behind the rape and they would be nabbed very soon.
The minister had said the police probe into the incident was progressing satisfactorily and that all out efforts are being made to nab the culprits.
The three-year-old girl was raped by some persons and later abandoned in Tirur on March 5.
The child, belonging to a migrant Tamil family, was sleeping with her mother near a hospital here when she was abducted, raped and abandoned near a building.
The child was rushed to a hospital at Tirur in Malappuram district and later shifted to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital where she underwent two surgeries and her condition is reported to be stable.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video