Rear Admiral MD Suresh is new Deputy Commandant of INA
Kannur: Rear Admiral MD Suresh has assumed charge as Deputy Commandant of the Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala in the district.
Suresh, who assumed charge Monday, was an alumni of National Defence Academy at Khadakvasla,Defence Services Staff College at Wellington in Nilgiris and College of Naval Warfare at Mumbai and has over 30 years of rich and varied experience in the Indian Navy, an INA press release said here Tuesday.
He has held a mix of operational and staff appointments. He was selected to commission the Navy`s first stealth frigate INS Talwar as Executive Officer, in St Petersburg, Russia.
His surface commands includes Veer class Missile boats to the latest, first P-17 indigenous stealth frigate INS Shivalik.
Suresh was Deputy Director of Naval Operations at Naval Headquarters, Delhi, Defence Advisor to embassies of India in Oman,UAE,Qatar and Bahrain, and Principal Director,Directorate of Naval Operations at Naval Headquarters Delhi.
On promotion to Rear Admiral, he took over as the Flag Officer Doctrine and Concepts, on 4 Mar 13.
In recognition of his exceptional services to the service and the country, he was awarded the Nao Sena Medal in 2000, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India