Rear Admiral MD Suresh is new Deputy Commandant of INA
Kannur: Rear Admiral MD Suresh has assumed charge as Deputy Commandant of the Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala in the district.
Suresh, who assumed charge Monday, was an alumni of National Defence Academy at Khadakvasla,Defence Services Staff College at Wellington in Nilgiris and College of Naval Warfare at Mumbai and has over 30 years of rich and varied experience in the Indian Navy, an INA press release said here Tuesday.
He has held a mix of operational and staff appointments. He was selected to commission the Navy`s first stealth frigate INS Talwar as Executive Officer, in St Petersburg, Russia.
His surface commands includes Veer class Missile boats to the latest, first P-17 indigenous stealth frigate INS Shivalik.
Suresh was Deputy Director of Naval Operations at Naval Headquarters, Delhi, Defence Advisor to embassies of India in Oman,UAE,Qatar and Bahrain, and Principal Director,Directorate of Naval Operations at Naval Headquarters Delhi.
On promotion to Rear Admiral, he took over as the Flag Officer Doctrine and Concepts, on 4 Mar 13.
In recognition of his exceptional services to the service and the country, he was awarded the Nao Sena Medal in 2000, the release said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days