Rear tyre of AI flight bursts while landing, passengers safe
Thiruvananthapuram: The rear tyre of an Air India flight from Male today burst while landing at the Trivandrum International Airport but the passengers and crew escaped unhurt.
Airport Acting Director Shibu Rebort said the tyre in the right side of the Airbus-320 burst while landing but it did not cause spark or any damage to the aircraft.
"We had our contingency plan activated immediately. But there was no damage to the aircraft and all the 152 passengers were safe," Robert said.
He said the tyre burst could be caused either by landing problems or variation of pressure in the tyres, which would be known after a technical examination.
The incident had been reported to the Director General of Civil Aviation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi