Remand of Italian marines extended by a fortnight
Kollam: The judicial remand of the two marines of Italian ship Enrica Lexie, charged with shooting dead two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast, was extended by 14 days by a court here on Monday.
Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone were brought from the Central Prison in Thiruvanantapuram and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate A K Gopakumar on expiry of their judicial custody.
The naval guards were arrested on February 19 and charged with murder of fishermen Valentine Jalastine and Ajesh Binki, who took to sea from Neendakara in Kollam.
The accused were in police custody for the first 14 days and had been lodged in a special cell in the central prison since March 5 after the court remanded them in judicial custody.
The ship is still anchored off Kochi Port as plea of the vessel owners for permission to sail out is before the Supreme Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH