Remand of Italian marines extended by a fortnight
Kollam: The judicial remand of the two marines of Italian ship Enrica Lexie, charged with shooting dead two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast, was extended by 14 days by a court here on Monday.
Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone were brought from the Central Prison in Thiruvanantapuram and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate A K Gopakumar on expiry of their judicial custody.
The naval guards were arrested on February 19 and charged with murder of fishermen Valentine Jalastine and Ajesh Binki, who took to sea from Neendakara in Kollam.
The accused were in police custody for the first 14 days and had been lodged in a special cell in the central prison since March 5 after the court remanded them in judicial custody.
The ship is still anchored off Kochi Port as plea of the vessel owners for permission to sail out is before the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?