Remand of Italian marines extended
Kollam: A court here Monday extended by
14 days the judicial remand of two marines of Italian ship `Enrica Lexie`, charged with gunning down two Indian fishermen
off the Kerala coast in February.
The marines, Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone, have been in remand since February 19 when they were arrested and charged with murder of the two fishermen who had put to sea from Kollam.
The marines were brought from Central Prison in the state
capital and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate A K
Gopakumar on expiry of the deadline of their judicial custody.
The accused are lodged in a special cell in the central
The state government has resisted diplomatic pressure
from Italy to have them lodged in a guest house outside the
prison and the case tried outside India under international
A special team led by Kochi City Police Commissioner M R
Ajith Kumar is investigating the case. It has seized the
firearms allegedly used by the marines from the ship and sent
them to the Government Forensic Laboratory for ballistic
examination and analysis.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here