Remand of Italian marines extended
Kollam: A court here Monday extended by
14 days the judicial remand of two marines of Italian ship `Enrica Lexie`, charged with gunning down two Indian fishermen
off the Kerala coast in February.
The marines, Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone, have been in remand since February 19 when they were arrested and charged with murder of the two fishermen who had put to sea from Kollam.
The marines were brought from Central Prison in the state
capital and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate A K
Gopakumar on expiry of the deadline of their judicial custody.
The accused are lodged in a special cell in the central
The state government has resisted diplomatic pressure
from Italy to have them lodged in a guest house outside the
prison and the case tried outside India under international
A special team led by Kochi City Police Commissioner M R
Ajith Kumar is investigating the case. It has seized the
firearms allegedly used by the marines from the ship and sent
them to the Government Forensic Laboratory for ballistic
examination and analysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far