Remarks row: VHP slams Achuthanandan
Kochi: VHP on Wednesday slammed CPI(M) leader VS
Achuthanandan for his comment against the head of the
erstwhile Travancore Royal family that he had attempted to
remove priceless articles from the Sree Padmabahaswamy temple.
"Devotees should not give any importance to such comments
from an atheist," VHP international president Ashok Singhal
told reporters at the airport Tuesday night.
The kings, who ruled the land for several years, had
preserved the temple treasures even at their time of
difficulties. The huge volume of treasure discovered in the
temple vaults was a real pride of the country, he said.
The former Kerala Chief Minister had said there had been
complaints that the present head of the royal house Uthradam
Tirunal Marthanda Varma had attempted to remove temple wealth
in small quantities while returning after daily worship.
Singhal said the crusade against corruption led by Anna
Hazare has been taken up by the people of the country. No
patriot would say that the Anna`s agitation was wrong and
"Anna Hazare is a true Gandhian and patriotic. Most of the
elected representatives are corrupt. The people should come
forward to oppose the corrupted representatives," he said.
Criticising writer-activist Arundhati Roy, who had
reportedly questioned the anti-corruption initiative of
Hazare, Singhal said those who criticise Hazare were not
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends