Retired judge to head panel on Nadar community
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Cabinet on Wednesday decided to appoint Justice (retired) Hariharan Nair as the head of the commission to study the backwardness of Nadar community.
As per the terms of reference, the study would cover the issue of reservation for those from different sub-castes belonging to the Nadar community, entitling them to enjoy the reservation benefits as per Central government policy.
Socio-economic and educational backwardness of the community and representation of Nadar community in govt jobs to be reviewed and if required to be increased were among the terms and reference of the commission, he said.
The report has to be submitted to the Government within six months.
Chandy also said the state government would bear the expenses of five students out of the seven who got selected to take part in the School Olympic Meet to be held in Brussels.
The other two are currently undergoing training under the Sports Authority of India which would take care of their expenses, he said.
Existing building tax laws would be amended in order to exempt chicken and cattle farms from paying building tax, he said.
An amount of Rs 1.60 crore sanctioned for 13 LSG bodies that undertake cleaning and other services in an around Sabarimala hill shrine, this pilgrim season.
An amount of Rs 1.10 crore sanctioned for giving subsidised food to police personnel on duty at police mess at Sabarimala and Rs 75 lakh towards TA and DA to doctors posted for duty in Sabarimala.
It has also decided to sanction Rs one lakh to five-year-old Nikhil Ramakrishnan, student of Loyola (UKG) here on his winning the Asian School Chess Championship held in Colombo.
Chandy also congratulated him for the victory and said that all support will be given to Nikhil for developing his game skills in the future.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof