Retired judge to head panel on Nadar community
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Cabinet on Wednesday decided to appoint Justice (retired) Hariharan Nair as the head of the commission to study the backwardness of Nadar community.
As per the terms of reference, the study would cover the issue of reservation for those from different sub-castes belonging to the Nadar community, entitling them to enjoy the reservation benefits as per Central government policy.
Socio-economic and educational backwardness of the community and representation of Nadar community in govt jobs to be reviewed and if required to be increased were among the terms and reference of the commission, he said.
The report has to be submitted to the Government within six months.
Chandy also said the state government would bear the expenses of five students out of the seven who got selected to take part in the School Olympic Meet to be held in Brussels.
The other two are currently undergoing training under the Sports Authority of India which would take care of their expenses, he said.
Existing building tax laws would be amended in order to exempt chicken and cattle farms from paying building tax, he said.
An amount of Rs 1.60 crore sanctioned for 13 LSG bodies that undertake cleaning and other services in an around Sabarimala hill shrine, this pilgrim season.
An amount of Rs 1.10 crore sanctioned for giving subsidised food to police personnel on duty at police mess at Sabarimala and Rs 75 lakh towards TA and DA to doctors posted for duty in Sabarimala.
It has also decided to sanction Rs one lakh to five-year-old Nikhil Ramakrishnan, student of Loyola (UKG) here on his winning the Asian School Chess Championship held in Colombo.
Chandy also congratulated him for the victory and said that all support will be given to Nikhil for developing his game skills in the future.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir