Rift between father and son in UDF continues
Thiruvananthapuram: The rift between father and son in the ruling Congress-led UDF seems to be far from over with KC-B leader R Balakrishna Pillai renewing his demand for removal of his son and Forest Minister K B Ganesh Kumar from the ministry.
A crucial meeting of the UDF scheduled to be held here on April 2 would take up the demand of Pillai, who complained that his son was ignoring the party workers and "not functioning according to party line".
Pillai had written letters to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and UDF Convener P P Thankachan seeking removal of his son, who is the lone MLA of KC-B in the Assembly.
For UDF, which has 73-members in the 140-member Assembly, support of all its constituents is very important.
Though it looks that an agreement has been reached between the father and son soon after a settlement was arrived at on a family matter of Ganesh Kumar recently, things have now almost returned to square one.
Ganesh Kumar called on Pillai yesterday to enquire about his health after the latter had suffered uneasiness during a trip to hillshrine Sabarimla.
After the meeting, though Ganesh Kumar told media that there was no difference with the party and all issues with his father would be sorted out. "There is nothing that can not be sorted out," he had said.
However, Pillai gave a different version and categorically stated that his party stick to its earlier demand that Ganesh Kumar be removed from the cabinet. "Nothing have changed and there was no need for any further talks on the issue".
"What is required now is a decision (regarding his son`s removal from the cabinet) at the next meeting of the UDF", he said.
Another problem faced by the UDF was the demand of JSS, another small partner, to remove P C George, a nominee of Kerala Congress (M), from the post of Government Chief Whip.
The demand was in the wake of George`s unsavoury comments against JSS leader K R Gowri and her late husband and CPI leader T V Thomas.
JSS had stated that they would take up this issue during the next UDF meeting. The party has no representation in the Assembly.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested