Rivals seek removal of Achuthanandan as Oppn leader
Thiruvananthapuram: The long-drawn faction feud in CPI(M) appears to be heading to its flashpoint with the party`s state committee, dominated by Pinarayi Vijayan, deciding to ask the central leadership to remove V S Achuthanandan as opposition leader in the assembly on charge of serious breach of party discipline.
According to party sources, the state committee even adopted a resolution with majority supporting it in this regard. This would be referred to the Central Committee, to which Achuthanandan himself is a member.
According to sources close to Achuthanandan, he would be writing to the central leadership accusing his rivals of isolating and attacking him to secure their narrow interests.
The faction loyal to Vijayan, which commands majority in the state unit, has been pressing the central leadership for quite some time to take a serious view of breach of party norms and discipline by Achuthanandan by making open comments against the leadership in the state.
Recently, the octogenarian leader stunned the party establishment by stating in a television interview that he dropped from the polit bureau for talking truth regarding an old corruption case in which Vijayan has been arraigned as an accused.
Also he had rubbished an internal party report which accused three of his personal staff members of leaking out party information to media.
Though the state unit recommended action against the trio, including Achuthanandan`s Press Secretary, the senior leader strongly intervened and got the action frozen by the central leadership.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi