Rivals seek removal of Achuthanandan as Oppn leader
Thiruvananthapuram: The long-drawn faction feud in CPI(M) appears to be heading to its flashpoint with the party`s state committee, dominated by Pinarayi Vijayan, deciding to ask the central leadership to remove V S Achuthanandan as opposition leader in the assembly on charge of serious breach of party discipline.
According to party sources, the state committee even adopted a resolution with majority supporting it in this regard. This would be referred to the Central Committee, to which Achuthanandan himself is a member.
According to sources close to Achuthanandan, he would be writing to the central leadership accusing his rivals of isolating and attacking him to secure their narrow interests.
The faction loyal to Vijayan, which commands majority in the state unit, has been pressing the central leadership for quite some time to take a serious view of breach of party norms and discipline by Achuthanandan by making open comments against the leadership in the state.
Recently, the octogenarian leader stunned the party establishment by stating in a television interview that he dropped from the polit bureau for talking truth regarding an old corruption case in which Vijayan has been arraigned as an accused.
Also he had rubbished an internal party report which accused three of his personal staff members of leaking out party information to media.
Though the state unit recommended action against the trio, including Achuthanandan`s Press Secretary, the senior leader strongly intervened and got the action frozen by the central leadership.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest