RMP demands CBI probe into conspiracy to kill TP
Kozhikode: Revolutionary Marxist Party on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into the case regarding the `conspiracy` to murder Marxist rebel and RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan in 2009.
Speaking to mediapersons here, N Venu, RMP State Secretary, alleged that top CPI (M) leaders have a role in the conspiracy and that party had been trying to sabotage the case in the last four months.
The probe so far in the murder case has been satisfactory, despite several obstacles, he said.
He demanded that the case be handed over to CBI as the Kerala Police had its limitations in conducting investigations against CPI(M) leaders.
Police in Kozhikode had resistered a case on the conspiracy hatched in 2009 under various sections of IPC, including 120B (criminal conspiracy), 118 (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life).
Conspiracy was hatched in August 2009 and the attempts to murder Chandrasekharan were carried out in the months september and october 2009.
The special investigation team probing the case is likely to submit the chargesheet in the conspiracy case in court shortly.
Chandrasekharan was killed by a seven-member gang at nearby Vadakara on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa