RMP demands CBI probe into conspiracy to kill TP
Kozhikode: Revolutionary Marxist Party on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into the case regarding the `conspiracy` to murder Marxist rebel and RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan in 2009.
Speaking to mediapersons here, N Venu, RMP State Secretary, alleged that top CPI (M) leaders have a role in the conspiracy and that party had been trying to sabotage the case in the last four months.
The probe so far in the murder case has been satisfactory, despite several obstacles, he said.
He demanded that the case be handed over to CBI as the Kerala Police had its limitations in conducting investigations against CPI(M) leaders.
Police in Kozhikode had resistered a case on the conspiracy hatched in 2009 under various sections of IPC, including 120B (criminal conspiracy), 118 (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life).
Conspiracy was hatched in August 2009 and the attempts to murder Chandrasekharan were carried out in the months september and october 2009.
The special investigation team probing the case is likely to submit the chargesheet in the conspiracy case in court shortly.
Chandrasekharan was killed by a seven-member gang at nearby Vadakara on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why