RMP leader`s murder: SIT arrests 2 CPI-M men
Kozhikode: The Special Investigation Team probing the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan arrested two CPI(M) functionaries today on the charge of helping the assailants, police said.
The two arrested are CH Asokhan, Onchiyam CPI(M) area committee secretary and KK Krishnan, Local Committee member, they said.
The duo were later produced before the Vatakara Judicial First Class Magistrate court, which remanded them to 14 days police custody.
Police had a tough time in controlling a large crowd which had assembled at the court venue, despite the dawn-to- dusk hartal called by LDF and BJP against the petrol price hike in force.
CPI(M) activists later took out a rally in Vatakara, protesting against the arrest of the two functionaries.
Yesterday, the SIT had arrested from Mysore one of the gang members who allegedly hacked Chandrasekharan to death. He was an accomplice of N K Sunil Kumar, the prime accused in the case.
The arrest of the two CPI(M) functionaries by SIT takes the number of those held in the case to 14.
Chandrasekharan, 50, a former CPI(M) leader in the party stronghold Onjiyam in Kozhikode district, was murdered at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4.
The assailants who came by a car attacked him while he was riding a motorcycle alone. Country-made bombs were hurled at him before he was hacked to death with sharp weapons.
Chandrasekharan was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the leadership. He later joined RMP floated by CPI-M activists who either quit the party over ideological issues or were expelled for anti-party activities.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video