Robbery in Kasargod temple
Kasargod (Ker): A temple situated at Pandy
in Kasargod district of Kerala has been robbed by thieves who entered the sanctum sanctorum by breaking open the locks of the door, police said on Friday.
The robbery at the Mahavishnu temple was noticed by the priest when he came to perform the early morning pooja.
The panchaloha Uthsava idol (made out of five metals) and ornaments, weighing 2.5 sovereigns decorated on the idol, a silver crown and a silver foot, have been found to be missing, they said.
The hundi was found broken open and Rs 10,000 stolen from it.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation