Robbery in Kasargod temple
Kasargod (Ker): A temple situated at Pandy
in Kasargod district of Kerala has been robbed by thieves who entered the sanctum sanctorum by breaking open the locks of the door, police said on Friday.
The robbery at the Mahavishnu temple was noticed by the priest when he came to perform the early morning pooja.
The panchaloha Uthsava idol (made out of five metals) and ornaments, weighing 2.5 sovereigns decorated on the idol, a silver crown and a silver foot, have been found to be missing, they said.
The hundi was found broken open and Rs 10,000 stolen from it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka