Robbery in Kasargod temple
Kasargod (Ker): A temple situated at Pandy
in Kasargod district of Kerala has been robbed by thieves who entered the sanctum sanctorum by breaking open the locks of the door, police said on Friday.
The robbery at the Mahavishnu temple was noticed by the priest when he came to perform the early morning pooja.
The panchaloha Uthsava idol (made out of five metals) and ornaments, weighing 2.5 sovereigns decorated on the idol, a silver crown and a silver foot, have been found to be missing, they said.
The hundi was found broken open and Rs 10,000 stolen from it.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details