Ropar forest block officer held for taking bribe
Chandigarh: Sleuths of Punjab vigilance bureau on Thursday arrested a forest block officer at Ropar red-handed while allegedly accepting bribe of Rs 8,000 from a from a complainant.
Shamsher Singh, resident of village Jhakian in Ropar had lodged a complaint that he had applied for permission from forest department for mining since he had to level the land of his residential
The officer, Gurdas Singh, has demanded bribe amounting to Rs 10,000 for granting permission for mining and he received Rs 2,000 on January 29 as part payment, an official spokesman said here.
A trap was laid and the accused was arrested red handed while accepting the bribe money, the spokesman added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption