Ropar forest block officer held for taking bribe
Chandigarh: Sleuths of Punjab vigilance bureau on Thursday arrested a forest block officer at Ropar red-handed while allegedly accepting bribe of Rs 8,000 from a from a complainant.
Shamsher Singh, resident of village Jhakian in Ropar had lodged a complaint that he had applied for permission from forest department for mining since he had to level the land of his residential
The officer, Gurdas Singh, has demanded bribe amounting to Rs 10,000 for granting permission for mining and he received Rs 2,000 on January 29 as part payment, an official spokesman said here.
A trap was laid and the accused was arrested red handed while accepting the bribe money, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch