Ropar forest block officer held for taking bribe
Chandigarh: Sleuths of Punjab vigilance bureau on Thursday arrested a forest block officer at Ropar red-handed while allegedly accepting bribe of Rs 8,000 from a from a complainant.
Shamsher Singh, resident of village Jhakian in Ropar had lodged a complaint that he had applied for permission from forest department for mining since he had to level the land of his residential
The officer, Gurdas Singh, has demanded bribe amounting to Rs 10,000 for granting permission for mining and he received Rs 2,000 on January 29 as part payment, an official spokesman said here.
A trap was laid and the accused was arrested red handed while accepting the bribe money, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!