Ropar forest block officer held for taking bribe
Chandigarh: Sleuths of Punjab vigilance bureau on Thursday arrested a forest block officer at Ropar red-handed while allegedly accepting bribe of Rs 8,000 from a from a complainant.
Shamsher Singh, resident of village Jhakian in Ropar had lodged a complaint that he had applied for permission from forest department for mining since he had to level the land of his residential
The officer, Gurdas Singh, has demanded bribe amounting to Rs 10,000 for granting permission for mining and he received Rs 2,000 on January 29 as part payment, an official spokesman said here.
A trap was laid and the accused was arrested red handed while accepting the bribe money, the spokesman added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside