RPF constable stabbed in moving train, SI injured
Kochi: Two Railway Police Force personnel were Friday injured in an attack by a man on board a train, police said here.
The incident occurred when RPF constable, George, questioned the man, who was moving suspiciously in a reserved compartment of the Bangalore-Trivandrum Express at around 4 AM, about his ticket, railway police sources said.
The man, suspected to be a thief, whipped out a knife and stabbed him and also injured a RPF Sub Inspector.
He has been arrested and a knife, pepper spray and chloroform was recovered from his possession.
The incident occurred between Chalakudy and Angamally stations near here.
George has been admitted to the Medical Trust Hospital here with injuries on his right shoulder, hospital sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains of Amma brought to Rajaji Hall
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what