RPF constable stabbed in moving train, SI injured
Kochi: Two Railway Police Force personnel were Friday injured in an attack by a man on board a train, police said here.
The incident occurred when RPF constable, George, questioned the man, who was moving suspiciously in a reserved compartment of the Bangalore-Trivandrum Express at around 4 AM, about his ticket, railway police sources said.
The man, suspected to be a thief, whipped out a knife and stabbed him and also injured a RPF Sub Inspector.
He has been arrested and a knife, pepper spray and chloroform was recovered from his possession.
The incident occurred between Chalakudy and Angamally stations near here.
George has been admitted to the Medical Trust Hospital here with injuries on his right shoulder, hospital sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani