Rs 1.54 crore for Padmanabhaswamy Temple security
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has sanctioned Rs.1.54 crore to purchase modern cameras and other equipment to strengthen security at the Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple here, where a huge treasure trove was found recently.
The decision to sanction the amount was taken at a high level meeting convened by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here yesterday.
Permanent police staff would be appointed for temple security and additional posts of 233 police personnel would be created for the purpose, official sources said.
Second review of the security proposals submitted by police would be held next week. Experts on security matters also would be invited for the meeting, sources said.
Meanwhile, the five-member committee of experts set up by the Supreme Court to scientifically evaluate the huge treasures found in the vaults of the temple would meet here to take further steps on the matter.
The panel, headed by director of National Museums CV Ananda Bose, would meet later in the day, sources said.
The committee is understood to have worked out a detailed action plan for carrying out evaluation of the treasure and also on its security. The panel had submitted its action plan to the apex court. Today`s meeting would discuss ways to complete the process on a time bound manner, sources said.
A `Deva Prasanam (astrological examination) conducted in the temple recently had cautioned against evaluation of the huge wealth and taking their visuals. It had also warned against the examination of the yet to be opened "B" vault
since it was located just below the sanctum sanctorum.
Earlier, a seven-member panel, which included two former high court judges, had opened five of the six vaults for an inventory and found them containing priceless articles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door