Rs 30 crore project to develop Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram: A comprehensive project for the development of Kovalam beach, the famous tourist spot near here, and its surrounding areas will be taken up by the state government at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
The project, which includes a drinking water scheme with an outlay of Rs 15 crore, would be launched by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on October 02, an official release here said on Sunday.
A sum of Rs 91 lakh would be spent for beach drainage system and Rs 50 lakh for the beautification of the Edakkal area near the beach. The road on the Eves` beach would also be renovated as part of the scheme at a cost of Rs 44 lakh.
The modernisation and beautification of Kovalam tourist village is being taken up as part of the clean destination drive of the government, it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today