Rs 30 crore project to develop Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram: A comprehensive project for the development of Kovalam beach, the famous tourist spot near here, and its surrounding areas will be taken up by the state government at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
The project, which includes a drinking water scheme with an outlay of Rs 15 crore, would be launched by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on October 02, an official release here said on Sunday.
A sum of Rs 91 lakh would be spent for beach drainage system and Rs 50 lakh for the beautification of the Edakkal area near the beach. The road on the Eves` beach would also be renovated as part of the scheme at a cost of Rs 44 lakh.
The modernisation and beautification of Kovalam tourist village is being taken up as part of the clean destination drive of the government, it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city