Rs 30 crore project to develop Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram: A comprehensive project for the development of Kovalam beach, the famous tourist spot near here, and its surrounding areas will be taken up by the state government at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
The project, which includes a drinking water scheme with an outlay of Rs 15 crore, would be launched by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on October 02, an official release here said on Sunday.
A sum of Rs 91 lakh would be spent for beach drainage system and Rs 50 lakh for the beautification of the Edakkal area near the beach. The road on the Eves` beach would also be renovated as part of the scheme at a cost of Rs 44 lakh.
The modernisation and beautification of Kovalam tourist village is being taken up as part of the clean destination drive of the government, it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees