Rs 30 crore project to develop Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram: A comprehensive project for the development of Kovalam beach, the famous tourist spot near here, and its surrounding areas will be taken up by the state government at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
The project, which includes a drinking water scheme with an outlay of Rs 15 crore, would be launched by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on October 02, an official release here said on Sunday.
A sum of Rs 91 lakh would be spent for beach drainage system and Rs 50 lakh for the beautification of the Edakkal area near the beach. The road on the Eves` beach would also be renovated as part of the scheme at a cost of Rs 44 lakh.
The modernisation and beautification of Kovalam tourist village is being taken up as part of the clean destination drive of the government, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed