Rs 30 crore project to develop Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram: A comprehensive project for the development of Kovalam beach, the famous tourist spot near here, and its surrounding areas will be taken up by the state government at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
The project, which includes a drinking water scheme with an outlay of Rs 15 crore, would be launched by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on October 02, an official release here said on Sunday.
A sum of Rs 91 lakh would be spent for beach drainage system and Rs 50 lakh for the beautification of the Edakkal area near the beach. The road on the Eves` beach would also be renovated as part of the scheme at a cost of Rs 44 lakh.
The modernisation and beautification of Kovalam tourist village is being taken up as part of the clean destination drive of the government, it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah