Rs 56 lakh hawala money seized in Kerala
Kozhikode: Hawala money totaling Rs 56 lakh was seized from an uninhabited house and two persons were arrested in this connection at nearby Koduvally on Thursday, police said.
Police made the seizure during a raid conducted on a tip-off that the house was being used as a centre for distribution of hawala money.
Following investigations, T A Mohammed Ashraf and P M Sattar belonging to Aavilora near Koduvally were arrested for alleged involvement in the hawala racket, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert