Russian national drowns
Thiruvananthapuram: A 65-yer-old Russian national drowned in the sea off Kovalam beach resort near here, police said on Thursday.
He was identified as Mozgovoygicheslav, a tourist from St Petersburg, who had come to visit Kerala as part of a 16-member team of holidayers.
He met with the watery grave when he went for swimming in the sea alone yesterday morning while most others in the team had left for Alappuzha, the hub of Kerala`s water tourism, some 150 km from the state capital, police said.
The body, spotted on the beach by a Lifeguard on duty, was kept in the mortuary of the Medical College Hospital.
Russian Embassy in Delhi and the Honorary Consular office here had been informed of the incident.
A relative of the deceased was expected to arrive here in a day or two. The body was likely to be buried at the Orthodox church at Thiruvithancode in Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, Consular sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP