Russian national drowns
Thiruvananthapuram: A 65-yer-old Russian national drowned in the sea off Kovalam beach resort near here, police said on Thursday.
He was identified as Mozgovoygicheslav, a tourist from St Petersburg, who had come to visit Kerala as part of a 16-member team of holidayers.
He met with the watery grave when he went for swimming in the sea alone yesterday morning while most others in the team had left for Alappuzha, the hub of Kerala`s water tourism, some 150 km from the state capital, police said.
The body, spotted on the beach by a Lifeguard on duty, was kept in the mortuary of the Medical College Hospital.
Russian Embassy in Delhi and the Honorary Consular office here had been informed of the incident.
A relative of the deceased was expected to arrive here in a day or two. The body was likely to be buried at the Orthodox church at Thiruvithancode in Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, Consular sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!