Russian national drowns
Thiruvananthapuram: A 65-yer-old Russian national drowned in the sea off Kovalam beach resort near here, police said on Thursday.
He was identified as Mozgovoygicheslav, a tourist from St Petersburg, who had come to visit Kerala as part of a 16-member team of holidayers.
He met with the watery grave when he went for swimming in the sea alone yesterday morning while most others in the team had left for Alappuzha, the hub of Kerala`s water tourism, some 150 km from the state capital, police said.
The body, spotted on the beach by a Lifeguard on duty, was kept in the mortuary of the Medical College Hospital.
Russian Embassy in Delhi and the Honorary Consular office here had been informed of the incident.
A relative of the deceased was expected to arrive here in a day or two. The body was likely to be buried at the Orthodox church at Thiruvithancode in Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, Consular sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!