Russian national drowns
Thiruvananthapuram: A 65-yer-old Russian national drowned in the sea off Kovalam beach resort near here, police said on Thursday.
He was identified as Mozgovoygicheslav, a tourist from St Petersburg, who had come to visit Kerala as part of a 16-member team of holidayers.
He met with the watery grave when he went for swimming in the sea alone yesterday morning while most others in the team had left for Alappuzha, the hub of Kerala`s water tourism, some 150 km from the state capital, police said.
The body, spotted on the beach by a Lifeguard on duty, was kept in the mortuary of the Medical College Hospital.
Russian Embassy in Delhi and the Honorary Consular office here had been informed of the incident.
A relative of the deceased was expected to arrive here in a day or two. The body was likely to be buried at the Orthodox church at Thiruvithancode in Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, Consular sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya