Russian national drowns
Thiruvananthapuram: A 65-yer-old Russian national drowned in the sea off Kovalam beach resort near here, police said on Thursday.
He was identified as Mozgovoygicheslav, a tourist from St Petersburg, who had come to visit Kerala as part of a 16-member team of holidayers.
He met with the watery grave when he went for swimming in the sea alone yesterday morning while most others in the team had left for Alappuzha, the hub of Kerala`s water tourism, some 150 km from the state capital, police said.
The body, spotted on the beach by a Lifeguard on duty, was kept in the mortuary of the Medical College Hospital.
Russian Embassy in Delhi and the Honorary Consular office here had been informed of the incident.
A relative of the deceased was expected to arrive here in a day or two. The body was likely to be buried at the Orthodox church at Thiruvithancode in Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, Consular sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan