Sabari temple collects Rs 2.16 crore in a fortnight
Sabarimala: A sum of Rs 28.16 crore has been
received by Sabarimala temple in Kerala in the first 15 days
of the ongoing pilgrimage by way of offerings by devotees.
According to a temple release, this marked an increase of
over Rs 2 crore compared to the corresponding period last
The proceeds from the distribution of `arvana` prasdam
touched Rs 11,54,73,100 while the collection from `appam`
stood at Rs 2,57,51,640.
Cash offerings from the pilgrims touched Rs 11,10,85,950.
Thousands of devotees, mostly from the southern states,
have been thronging the temple since the `madala` season
pilgrimage began in mid-November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj