Sabari temple collects Rs 2.16 crore in a fortnight
Sabarimala: A sum of Rs 28.16 crore has been
received by Sabarimala temple in Kerala in the first 15 days
of the ongoing pilgrimage by way of offerings by devotees.
According to a temple release, this marked an increase of
over Rs 2 crore compared to the corresponding period last
The proceeds from the distribution of `arvana` prasdam
touched Rs 11,54,73,100 while the collection from `appam`
stood at Rs 2,57,51,640.
Cash offerings from the pilgrims touched Rs 11,10,85,950.
Thousands of devotees, mostly from the southern states,
have been thronging the temple since the `madala` season
pilgrimage began in mid-November.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'