Sabarimala: Issues raised by HC to be included in probe, says VS
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan on Monday said the issue of lack of co-ordnation among government departments raised by Kerala High court in the context of the Sabarimala stampede would be brought in the ambit of the proposed judicial probe into the tragedy.
"All these issues would be included in the ambit of judicial probe and the guilty will not be spared", he said when reporters sought his reaction to strong observations made by the division bench of the Kerala High Court.
In a suo moto reference, a division bench of the High Court comprising Justice Thottahthil Radhakrishnan and Justice P S Gopinathan observed that there had been lack of co-ordination among various departments in the arrangements for regulating flow of pilgrims at Sabarimala.
The Court also asked the Police and Forest departments and the Trancore Devaswom Board to submit a detailed report on the causes that led to the stampede before January 20.
The Kerala Government had earlier annouced the decision to conduct a judicial probe into the tragedy which claimed 102 lives on Friday last. The Chief Minister had also said the services of a sitting judge would be sought for conducting the inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark