Sabarimala Special Commissioner asked to file another report
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday
directed the Sabarimala Special Commissioner Rajendran Nair to
file another report on the Pullumedu tragedy that claimed the
lives of 102 Sabarimala pilgrims.
The direction was issued by a division bench
comprising justices Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and P S
Gopinath after it went through the reports of the Kerala DGP
Jacob Punnose, Travancore Devaswom Board and the Forest
The Commissioner had earlier filed a report directly
to the court. The bench also directed the forest department to
file a further affidavit on the tragedy.
The forest department has been asked to file the
affidavit with specific reference to the statements contained
in the report of DGP Jacob Punnose.
The case has been posted to February 11.The High Court
had observed on January 20 that there was a lack of
coordination between various departments, causing the stampede
in which the 102 pilgrims were killed.
The bench made the observation after three separate
reports by Punnose, TDB Commissioner N Vasu and Principal
Chief Conservator of Forests T M Manoharan came up before it.
The reports were filed in compliance with the deadline
by the court which had on January 17 pulled up the state
government over neglecting its earlier warnings over safety.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway