Sabarimala Special Commissioner asked to file another report
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday
directed the Sabarimala Special Commissioner Rajendran Nair to
file another report on the Pullumedu tragedy that claimed the
lives of 102 Sabarimala pilgrims.
The direction was issued by a division bench
comprising justices Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and P S
Gopinath after it went through the reports of the Kerala DGP
Jacob Punnose, Travancore Devaswom Board and the Forest
The Commissioner had earlier filed a report directly
to the court. The bench also directed the forest department to
file a further affidavit on the tragedy.
The forest department has been asked to file the
affidavit with specific reference to the statements contained
in the report of DGP Jacob Punnose.
The case has been posted to February 11.The High Court
had observed on January 20 that there was a lack of
coordination between various departments, causing the stampede
in which the 102 pilgrims were killed.
The bench made the observation after three separate
reports by Punnose, TDB Commissioner N Vasu and Principal
Chief Conservator of Forests T M Manoharan came up before it.
The reports were filed in compliance with the deadline
by the court which had on January 17 pulled up the state
government over neglecting its earlier warnings over safety.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand