Sabarimala Special Commissioner asked to file report
Kochi: Kerala High court Monday directed the
Special Commissioner, Sabarimala, Rajendran Nair, to file a
report in the wake of the Pulmedu tragedy that took the lives
of 102 Pilgrims on January 14.
The direction in this regard was issued by a division
bench comprising Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice PS
Gopinath after going through the reports of the Kerala DGP
Jacob Punnose, Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB) and the forest
The Commissioner had earlier filed a report directly to the
The bench also directed the forest department to file a
further affidavit on the tragedy.
The forest department has been asked to file the
affidavit with specific reference to the statements contained
in the report of DGP Jacob Punnose.
The case has been posted to Feb 11.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey