Sabarimala Special Commissioner asked to file report
Kochi: Kerala High court Monday directed the
Special Commissioner, Sabarimala, Rajendran Nair, to file a
report in the wake of the Pulmedu tragedy that took the lives
of 102 Pilgrims on January 14.
The direction in this regard was issued by a division
bench comprising Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice PS
Gopinath after going through the reports of the Kerala DGP
Jacob Punnose, Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB) and the forest
The Commissioner had earlier filed a report directly to the
The bench also directed the forest department to file a
further affidavit on the tragedy.
The forest department has been asked to file the
affidavit with specific reference to the statements contained
in the report of DGP Jacob Punnose.
The case has been posted to Feb 11.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas