Sabarimala tragedy was an invited one by the State Govt: BJP
Kozhikode: Senior BJP leader K Sreedharan
Pillai, on Saturday alleged that the unfortunate stampede at
Pullumedu in sabarimala was an `invited stampede` by
CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) Government in Kerala.
Speaking to mediapersons here , Pillai, a former BJP
State President, alleged that the state government was
responsible since it had failed to provide basic facilities
for the pilgrims.
The state government did not widen the narrow traditional
forest roads, which had resulted in the tragedy, he said.
The Centre was also equally responsible for the tragedy,
Demanding a judicial probe into the tragedy, Pillai
asked the government to give a solatium of Rs 25 lakh each to
BJP had submitted memorandums to the government on
several occasion on the need of providing basic facilities to
the pilgrims, he said.
102 Ayyappa pilgrims returning after having makarajyothi
darshan were tragically killed in a stampede at pullumedu last
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy