Sabotage suspected in Pipeline burst in Thiruvananthapuram
Thiruvananthapuram: Burst at four spots in a pipeline supplying drinking water to the city and disruption of supply on the eve of the famous Attukal Devi Temple Pongala festival, where lakhs of people especially women converge, has raised suspicion that it is a case of sabotage.
"Government is not ruling out anything. The pipeline with a capacity to carry 82 million litres a day burst at four places giving rise to this suspicion," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a special cabinet meeting that discussed the water shortage issue.
The line supplies water from Aruvikara dam to the city.
A high-level inquiry headed by former Chief Secretary K Jayakumar has been ordered.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!