Sabotage suspected in Pipeline burst in Thiruvananthapuram
Thiruvananthapuram: Burst at four spots in a pipeline supplying drinking water to the city and disruption of supply on the eve of the famous Attukal Devi Temple Pongala festival, where lakhs of people especially women converge, has raised suspicion that it is a case of sabotage.
"Government is not ruling out anything. The pipeline with a capacity to carry 82 million litres a day burst at four places giving rise to this suspicion," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a special cabinet meeting that discussed the water shortage issue.
The line supplies water from Aruvikara dam to the city.
A high-level inquiry headed by former Chief Secretary K Jayakumar has been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi