Salim Raj, others get conditional bail
Kozhikode: A local court on Saturday granted conditional bail to Salim Raj, former gunman of Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, and six others, arrested last month on charges of assaulting a man.
District Principal and Sessions judge V Bhaskaran directed all the accused to surrender their passports and not to leave the state without the permission of the court.
Salim Raj and his gang`s six other members were arrested on September 10 on the charge of assaulting one Prasannan at Karikkamkulam here as he was found with a woman whom they were searching.
The accused were charged with offences of criminal intimidation, unlawful assembly armed with deadly weapons and attempt to kidnap under the IPC and remanded to judicial custody.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir