Salim Raj, others get conditional bail
Kozhikode: A local court on Saturday granted conditional bail to Salim Raj, former gunman of Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, and six others, arrested last month on charges of assaulting a man.
District Principal and Sessions judge V Bhaskaran directed all the accused to surrender their passports and not to leave the state without the permission of the court.
Salim Raj and his gang`s six other members were arrested on September 10 on the charge of assaulting one Prasannan at Karikkamkulam here as he was found with a woman whom they were searching.
The accused were charged with offences of criminal intimidation, unlawful assembly armed with deadly weapons and attempt to kidnap under the IPC and remanded to judicial custody.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble