Salim Raj, others get conditional bail
Kozhikode: A local court on Saturday granted conditional bail to Salim Raj, former gunman of Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, and six others, arrested last month on charges of assaulting a man.
District Principal and Sessions judge V Bhaskaran directed all the accused to surrender their passports and not to leave the state without the permission of the court.
Salim Raj and his gang`s six other members were arrested on September 10 on the charge of assaulting one Prasannan at Karikkamkulam here as he was found with a woman whom they were searching.
The accused were charged with offences of criminal intimidation, unlawful assembly armed with deadly weapons and attempt to kidnap under the IPC and remanded to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards