Salim Raj, others get conditional bail
Kozhikode: A local court on Saturday granted conditional bail to Salim Raj, former gunman of Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, and six others, arrested last month on charges of assaulting a man.
District Principal and Sessions judge V Bhaskaran directed all the accused to surrender their passports and not to leave the state without the permission of the court.
Salim Raj and his gang`s six other members were arrested on September 10 on the charge of assaulting one Prasannan at Karikkamkulam here as he was found with a woman whom they were searching.
The accused were charged with offences of criminal intimidation, unlawful assembly armed with deadly weapons and attempt to kidnap under the IPC and remanded to judicial custody.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'