Sanction of 14.36 cr to Janashree violation of all norms: LDF
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF Opposition on Tuesday alleged that sanction of Rs 14.36 crore for government`s Janashree Sustainable Development Mission violated all norms and was an attempt to destroy functioning of `Kudumasshree` Self Help Group institution, formed for women`s empowerment.
Addressing a press conference after an LDF leaders` meeting here, Front Convener Vaikom Viswam said they would submit a letter to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, demanding steps to correct the `mistake.`
He alleged it was a move against existing `Kudumbasree` projects, supported by the government and that the fund was sanctioned by violating all existing norms.
Viswam said LDF wanted people of all sections in society in Kerala to come forward and agitate against government`s decision and said it would support any stir on this issue.
Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee spokesman and former minister M M Hasan is Chairman of Janashree Sustainable Development Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam