Sanction of 14.36 cr to Janashree violation of all norms: LDF
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF Opposition on Tuesday alleged that sanction of Rs 14.36 crore for government`s Janashree Sustainable Development Mission violated all norms and was an attempt to destroy functioning of `Kudumasshree` Self Help Group institution, formed for women`s empowerment.
Addressing a press conference after an LDF leaders` meeting here, Front Convener Vaikom Viswam said they would submit a letter to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, demanding steps to correct the `mistake.`
He alleged it was a move against existing `Kudumbasree` projects, supported by the government and that the fund was sanctioned by violating all existing norms.
Viswam said LDF wanted people of all sections in society in Kerala to come forward and agitate against government`s decision and said it would support any stir on this issue.
Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee spokesman and former minister M M Hasan is Chairman of Janashree Sustainable Development Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth