Sanction of 14.36 cr to Janashree violation of all norms: LDF
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF Opposition on Tuesday alleged that sanction of Rs 14.36 crore for government`s Janashree Sustainable Development Mission violated all norms and was an attempt to destroy functioning of `Kudumasshree` Self Help Group institution, formed for women`s empowerment.
Addressing a press conference after an LDF leaders` meeting here, Front Convener Vaikom Viswam said they would submit a letter to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, demanding steps to correct the `mistake.`
He alleged it was a move against existing `Kudumbasree` projects, supported by the government and that the fund was sanctioned by violating all existing norms.
Viswam said LDF wanted people of all sections in society in Kerala to come forward and agitate against government`s decision and said it would support any stir on this issue.
Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee spokesman and former minister M M Hasan is Chairman of Janashree Sustainable Development Mission.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan