Saseendran case: Kerala HC dismisses bail plea of accused
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday dismissed the bail plea of businessman VM Radhakrishnan, arrested in connection with the deaths of former company secretary of state PSU Malabar cements V Saseendran and his two sons.
Justice K Ramakrishnan rejected the bail plea of Radhakarishnan, a contractor with the Malabar Cements, arrested on March 19 in Palakkad.
The CBI had opposed the bail plea and told the court that investigation was in progress and granting bail at this stage would adversely affect the probe.
It also informed the court that the deaths were a case of homicide.
Saseendran and his two young sons were founding hanging in their house in Palakkad on January 24, 2011. The incident had led to a public outrage with certain political quarters alleging that the company official had been under severe pressure to hide some of the corrupt deals involving contractors with "high connections."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert