Saseendran case: Kerala HC dismisses bail plea of accused
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday dismissed the bail plea of businessman VM Radhakrishnan, arrested in connection with the deaths of former company secretary of state PSU Malabar cements V Saseendran and his two sons.
Justice K Ramakrishnan rejected the bail plea of Radhakarishnan, a contractor with the Malabar Cements, arrested on March 19 in Palakkad.
The CBI had opposed the bail plea and told the court that investigation was in progress and granting bail at this stage would adversely affect the probe.
It also informed the court that the deaths were a case of homicide.
Saseendran and his two young sons were founding hanging in their house in Palakkad on January 24, 2011. The incident had led to a public outrage with certain political quarters alleging that the company official had been under severe pressure to hide some of the corrupt deals involving contractors with "high connections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series