Saseendran case: Kerala HC dismisses bail plea of accused
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday dismissed the bail plea of businessman VM Radhakrishnan, arrested in connection with the deaths of former company secretary of state PSU Malabar cements V Saseendran and his two sons.
Justice K Ramakrishnan rejected the bail plea of Radhakarishnan, a contractor with the Malabar Cements, arrested on March 19 in Palakkad.
The CBI had opposed the bail plea and told the court that investigation was in progress and granting bail at this stage would adversely affect the probe.
It also informed the court that the deaths were a case of homicide.
Saseendran and his two young sons were founding hanging in their house in Palakkad on January 24, 2011. The incident had led to a public outrage with certain political quarters alleging that the company official had been under severe pressure to hide some of the corrupt deals involving contractors with "high connections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed