Satish Soni takes charge of Southern Naval Command C-in-C
Kochi: Vice Admiral Satish Soni on Thursday assumed office as the Flag Officer Commanding in Chief Southern Naval Command here.
He succeeds Vice Admiral KN Sushil, who retired today after nearly 40 years of distinguished service, a Naval press release said.
Soni was commissioned in the Navy in July 1976. A winner of the `Sword of Honour` and a specialist in Navigation and Aircraft Direction, the Admiral`s important sea commands include commands of Stealth Frigate INS Talwar, Guided Missile Destroyer INS Delhi, Missile Corvette INS Kirpan and Eastern Fleet.
He has also been chief of Staff of Eastern Naval Command and Commandant of National Defence Academy at Kahadakwasla, Pune, the release said.
The ceremonies included a 36 platoon Parade with the President`s Colours paraded.
Vice Admiral Sushil received Vice Admiral Satish Soni after which the Flag Officer Commander in Chief designate reviewed the parade.
In a unique and symbolic ceremony after the parade, Vice Admiral Sushil was `pulled out` in a whaler boat pulled by senior most officers in the Command led by Rear Admiral Sudarshan Shrikhande, Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt