Satish Soni takes charge of Southern Naval Command C-in-C
Kochi: Vice Admiral Satish Soni on Thursday assumed office as the Flag Officer Commanding in Chief Southern Naval Command here.
He succeeds Vice Admiral KN Sushil, who retired today after nearly 40 years of distinguished service, a Naval press release said.
Soni was commissioned in the Navy in July 1976. A winner of the `Sword of Honour` and a specialist in Navigation and Aircraft Direction, the Admiral`s important sea commands include commands of Stealth Frigate INS Talwar, Guided Missile Destroyer INS Delhi, Missile Corvette INS Kirpan and Eastern Fleet.
He has also been chief of Staff of Eastern Naval Command and Commandant of National Defence Academy at Kahadakwasla, Pune, the release said.
The ceremonies included a 36 platoon Parade with the President`s Colours paraded.
Vice Admiral Sushil received Vice Admiral Satish Soni after which the Flag Officer Commander in Chief designate reviewed the parade.
In a unique and symbolic ceremony after the parade, Vice Admiral Sushil was `pulled out` in a whaler boat pulled by senior most officers in the Command led by Rear Admiral Sudarshan Shrikhande, Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Scientists discover new way to kill cancer cells
- Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's 'Sarbjit' mints Rs 22.09 cr at Box Office!
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav – No final decision yet, Delhi HC defers hearing to May 30
- Beacon from Egypt crash detected, search narrows
- Leisure time! Akshay Kumar lazes around in sunshine before the grand release of 'Housefull 3'! – See pic