SC notice to Kerala on Achuthanandan`s plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday issued notice to the Kerala government on a plea of former chief minister VS Achuthanandan for a special investigation team`s report on an alleged sex racket in Kozhikode district.
The case dates back to 1997 when NGO Anweshi lodged a complaint that an ice cream parlour was being used as a brothel.
The case, popularly known as the ice cream parlour sex racket, allegedly involved, among others, state minister PK Kunhalikutty. He was booked January 2011.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid