SC order in graft case won`t impact polls: Vijayan
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M state unit secretary
Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday said the Supreme Court`s dismissal of
his plea questioning Governor`s nod to CBI to prosecute
him in a corruption case would not affect the LDF`s prospects
in the April 13 Kerala Assembly polls.
However,Vijayan said he was "surprised" at the apex court`s
decision not to entertain his plea as it came after
considering it in various stages since 2009 and even shifting
it to a new bench.
"The decision is surprising. But what shall we do other
than complying with it," he replied to queries at a
While dismissing the plea yesterday, the apex court said
Vijayan should have approached Kerala High Court first instead
of directly coming to Supreme Court on the matter.
Vijayan`s contention was that Governor R S Gavai had
overlooked the cabinet`s advice that it was not necessary
to grant sanction to prosecute him.
Vijayan was listed an accused by CBI which probed the
alleged irregularities in awarding of a contract to Canadian
company SNC Lavalin for renovation of three hydro electric
projects when he was the Power Minister in the state in 1997.
The opposition UDF had reacted to the development holding
that it exposed the LDF`s claim of opposing corruption at all
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- IBPS clerk V mains exams results to be uploaded on official website soon; notification out
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy