SC order in graft case won`t impact polls: Vijayan
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M state unit secretary
Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday said the Supreme Court`s dismissal of
his plea questioning Governor`s nod to CBI to prosecute
him in a corruption case would not affect the LDF`s prospects
in the April 13 Kerala Assembly polls.
However,Vijayan said he was "surprised" at the apex court`s
decision not to entertain his plea as it came after
considering it in various stages since 2009 and even shifting
it to a new bench.
"The decision is surprising. But what shall we do other
than complying with it," he replied to queries at a
While dismissing the plea yesterday, the apex court said
Vijayan should have approached Kerala High Court first instead
of directly coming to Supreme Court on the matter.
Vijayan`s contention was that Governor R S Gavai had
overlooked the cabinet`s advice that it was not necessary
to grant sanction to prosecute him.
Vijayan was listed an accused by CBI which probed the
alleged irregularities in awarding of a contract to Canadian
company SNC Lavalin for renovation of three hydro electric
projects when he was the Power Minister in the state in 1997.
The opposition UDF had reacted to the development holding
that it exposed the LDF`s claim of opposing corruption at all
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured