SC orders special audit of Kerala`s Padmanabhaswamy temple
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday entrusted the administration of the Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala to a five-member committee headed by the district judge of Thiruvananthapuram.
The bench of Justice RM Lodha and Justice AK Patnaik said former comptroller and auditor general (CAG) Vinod Rai would undertake the audit of the temple properties, assets and accounts.
The court also appointed a senior Indian Administrative Service officer and former administrator of the Guruvayur temple as the executive officer of the Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple.
The five-member committee will comprise the Thiruvananthapuram district judge, a tantri and chief nambi of the Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple and two more members, of which one will be appointed in consultation with the state government.
The apex court passed the order in view of the observation made by the senior advocate Gopal Subramaniam, who is appearing as an amicus curiae in the matter, that there were several serious irregularities in the management of the temple and its wealth.
He submitted there was need for independent management of the temple so that officials can carry out their function freely and fearlessly. The senior advocate said proper sealing and locking of trunks has to be carried out as it was found that seals were broken.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days