SC releases jailed Kerala CPI-M leader
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the release of Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader MV Jayarajan who was jailed for six months by the Kerala High Court for using derogatory language against its judges.
An apex court bench of Justice RM Lodha and Justice HL Gokhale assailed the High Court for not affording Jayarajan an opportunity to appeal against his conviction and sentencing.
"You cannot deny a person right to a judicial process," the bench said.
The apex court also took note of the use of words like "reptile" and "worm" in the high court`s judgement.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH