Scheme to revive KSRTC: Minister
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Government has initiated steps to revive the state transport corpporation KSRTC, which is facing a financial crisis.
Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) Managing Director had been asked to submit a scheme for its revival, state Transport Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan said today.
Financial aspect of all bus routes of the corporation and other factors had been asked to considered for preparing the revival scheme, he told reporters here.
Stating that main objective was to keep the Corporation interest in mind, he said government would evolve a scheme that would not lead to a conflict with private bus operators.
Referring to the controversy with regard to renewing of permits for private super class services of private operators, he said it was done on a temporory basis till the Corporation finalise it revival scheme.
`It is only a stoop-gap arrangement and it has also been directed not to issue new permits in these routes till a further decision was taken in the matter`, he said.
The Government had taken a decision earlier not to renew permits of 246 private super class services and operate Corporation buses in these routes as part of a scheme to tide over the present crisis.
Meanwhile, CITU union in the Corporation has announced its decision to hold a demonstration protesting the government?s decision to renew permits of private bus operators of super class services.
The government?s action would adversely affect the revenue collection of the Corporation, Trade Union leaders said.
The government decision was clearly part of an attempt to help the private bus operators, they alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued