Schools should shift to peaceful area: Kerala HC
Kochi: Kerala High court on Wednesday observed that it was high time as a matter of policy to consider shifting of educational institutions in busy urban areas to a peaceful area in the periphery of the town or city.
The observations were made by a Division bench, comprising
justice C N Ramachandran Nair and Justice K Vinod Chandran,
while considering a petition by Model Technical high school
protection forum seeking to allot more space at nearby Kaloor
for the institution.
Earlier, the land was occupied by National University of
Advanced Legal Studies and thereafter it had been alloted to
juvenile court and Alternate Dispute Redressal Centre.
`We do not think that there is preferable claim of school
over the need of the high court. The functioning of school in
the area is not conducive for academic pursuit. Not only this
school, but educational institutions run on busy road sides
should be shifted to peaceful area`, the bench held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28