Schools should shift to peaceful area: Kerala HC
Kochi: Kerala High court on Wednesday observed that it was high time as a matter of policy to consider shifting of educational institutions in busy urban areas to a peaceful area in the periphery of the town or city.
The observations were made by a Division bench, comprising
justice C N Ramachandran Nair and Justice K Vinod Chandran,
while considering a petition by Model Technical high school
protection forum seeking to allot more space at nearby Kaloor
for the institution.
Earlier, the land was occupied by National University of
Advanced Legal Studies and thereafter it had been alloted to
juvenile court and Alternate Dispute Redressal Centre.
`We do not think that there is preferable claim of school
over the need of the high court. The functioning of school in
the area is not conducive for academic pursuit. Not only this
school, but educational institutions run on busy road sides
should be shifted to peaceful area`, the bench held.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal