Search narrowing of ship that hit fishermen`s boat
Thiruvananthapuram: Efforts continued on Friday
to identify the ship that rammed into a fishing boat off
Kerala coast causing the death of two fishermen from the state
with shipping authorities questioning a number of ships.
"We are questioning a number of ships (that passed
through the area) but will not like to prematurely blame any
of them," a source in the Director General of Shipping told
PTI in Mumbai.
Several ships in the proximity of the reported incident
had been tracked in co-ordination with the Coast Guard and
those prima facie involved in the collision were being
investigated, sources said.
Two fishermen, who ventured to sea from Kollam coast,
were killed and three others reported missing when their boat
collided with an unidentified ship off Alappuzha coast in the
wee hours yesterday.
Coast Guard sources in Kochi said a search was on for the
three missing fishermen. "Certain ships have been
investigated, but nothing conclusive has been found," they
The ill-fated boat had seven fishermen aboard, of whom
two were rescued by other boats and brought to shore.
The Navy and Coast Guard have launched an intense search
to track down the ship which caused the accident since
The two deaths have shocked the fishing community of
Neendakara in Kollam district as it happened within two weeks
after two fishermen were allegedly shot dead by marines
onboard Italian ship `Enrica Lexie`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues