Search narrowing of ship that hit fishermen`s boat
Thiruvananthapuram: Efforts continued on Friday
to identify the ship that rammed into a fishing boat off
Kerala coast causing the death of two fishermen from the state
with shipping authorities questioning a number of ships.
"We are questioning a number of ships (that passed
through the area) but will not like to prematurely blame any
of them," a source in the Director General of Shipping told
PTI in Mumbai.
Several ships in the proximity of the reported incident
had been tracked in co-ordination with the Coast Guard and
those prima facie involved in the collision were being
investigated, sources said.
Two fishermen, who ventured to sea from Kollam coast,
were killed and three others reported missing when their boat
collided with an unidentified ship off Alappuzha coast in the
wee hours yesterday.
Coast Guard sources in Kochi said a search was on for the
three missing fishermen. "Certain ships have been
investigated, but nothing conclusive has been found," they
The ill-fated boat had seven fishermen aboard, of whom
two were rescued by other boats and brought to shore.
The Navy and Coast Guard have launched an intense search
to track down the ship which caused the accident since
The two deaths have shocked the fishing community of
Neendakara in Kollam district as it happened within two weeks
after two fishermen were allegedly shot dead by marines
onboard Italian ship `Enrica Lexie`.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'