Search operations for missing girl progresses
Kozhikode: Search operations for a girl, reported missing in yesterday`s flashfloods triggered by heavy rains in Pulloompara in the district, in which eight persons were killed, were progressing, official sources said on Wednesday.
District Collector K V Mohankumar said search operations were stopped yesterday after it was reported that the bodies of all the missing persons were recovered. However, on verification by officials and relatives at the Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, it was noticed that a nine-year-old girl was missing.
Search operations for the girl is progressing today, Mohankumar told PTI.
Officials had put the death toll at nine yeserday.
The heavy downpour in Pullorampara and Thiruvambady regions in Kozhikode and Iritty in Kannur had disrupted the traffic and the low-lying areas were inundated in flood waters.
Rehabilitation work is on in full swing and people from low lying areas have been evacuated to safer places in the two districts, officials said.
The Malabar region, including Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur and Kasargod districts, has been experiencing heavy rains for the past two days.
Kerala Chief minister Oommen Chandy had said in Delhi that the state government would provide all help to the people affected by the flash floods in the two districts.
Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan visited Iritty region and assured all assistance to the affected.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH