Secular fabric of Kerala changing: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Defence Minister AK Antony on Sunday said it was a matter of concern that Kerala known for its secular society was changing in the recent days.
Speaking after dedicating to public the `Pranasalla` at Santhigiri Ashram near here, Antony said all should take earnest effort to safeguard the secular fabric of Kerala.
Antony`s statement assumes significane in the wake of chopping off the hand of Newman College lecturer TJ Joseph by activists of radical Popular Front of India for preparing
a question paper hurting the sentiments of Muslim community.
Religious leaders and religious institutions should take steps to keep the unity and communal harmony of the state, Antony said.
Union Minister of state for food KV Thomas, State Minister for Agriculture Mullakara Rathnakaram, Former Union Minister and BJP leader O Rajagopal were also present on the occasion.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured