Secular fabric of Kerala changing: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Defence Minister AK Antony on Sunday said it was a matter of concern that Kerala known for its secular society was changing in the recent days.
Speaking after dedicating to public the `Pranasalla` at Santhigiri Ashram near here, Antony said all should take earnest effort to safeguard the secular fabric of Kerala.
Antony`s statement assumes significane in the wake of chopping off the hand of Newman College lecturer TJ Joseph by activists of radical Popular Front of India for preparing
a question paper hurting the sentiments of Muslim community.
Religious leaders and religious institutions should take steps to keep the unity and communal harmony of the state, Antony said.
Union Minister of state for food KV Thomas, State Minister for Agriculture Mullakara Rathnakaram, Former Union Minister and BJP leader O Rajagopal were also present on the occasion.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh