Secular fabric of Kerala changing: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Defence Minister AK Antony on Sunday said it was a matter of concern that Kerala known for its secular society was changing in the recent days.
Speaking after dedicating to public the `Pranasalla` at Santhigiri Ashram near here, Antony said all should take earnest effort to safeguard the secular fabric of Kerala.
Antony`s statement assumes significane in the wake of chopping off the hand of Newman College lecturer TJ Joseph by activists of radical Popular Front of India for preparing
a question paper hurting the sentiments of Muslim community.
Religious leaders and religious institutions should take steps to keep the unity and communal harmony of the state, Antony said.
Union Minister of state for food KV Thomas, State Minister for Agriculture Mullakara Rathnakaram, Former Union Minister and BJP leader O Rajagopal were also present on the occasion.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- APJ Abdul Kalam's look alike pays tribute to 'Missile Man' on first death anniversary
- Bus strike enters third day in Karnataka; schools remain shut
- Myanmar rebels hold rare meet as Suu Kyi yearns for peace
- 'Arrest Satyendar Jain', Kejriwal taunts after officer's complaint
- 31 killed in Syria bomb attacks