Secular fabric of Kerala changing: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Defence Minister AK Antony on Sunday said it was a matter of concern that Kerala known for its secular society was changing in the recent days.
Speaking after dedicating to public the `Pranasalla` at Santhigiri Ashram near here, Antony said all should take earnest effort to safeguard the secular fabric of Kerala.
Antony`s statement assumes significane in the wake of chopping off the hand of Newman College lecturer TJ Joseph by activists of radical Popular Front of India for preparing
a question paper hurting the sentiments of Muslim community.
Religious leaders and religious institutions should take steps to keep the unity and communal harmony of the state, Antony said.
Union Minister of state for food KV Thomas, State Minister for Agriculture Mullakara Rathnakaram, Former Union Minister and BJP leader O Rajagopal were also present on the occasion.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand