Secular fabric of Kerala changing: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Defence Minister AK Antony on Sunday said it was a matter of concern that Kerala known for its secular society was changing in the recent days.
Speaking after dedicating to public the `Pranasalla` at Santhigiri Ashram near here, Antony said all should take earnest effort to safeguard the secular fabric of Kerala.
Antony`s statement assumes significane in the wake of chopping off the hand of Newman College lecturer TJ Joseph by activists of radical Popular Front of India for preparing
a question paper hurting the sentiments of Muslim community.
Religious leaders and religious institutions should take steps to keep the unity and communal harmony of the state, Antony said.
Union Minister of state for food KV Thomas, State Minister for Agriculture Mullakara Rathnakaram, Former Union Minister and BJP leader O Rajagopal were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred