Security agencies probing Pak pilot arrival, stay in city
Thiruvananthapuram: Security agencies are
investigating how a Pakistani pilot of a Gulf-based foreign
airline was allowed to land here in violation of rules and
even stayed overnight in a City hotel apparently without the
knowledge of authorities.
The incident which has triggered a controversy and seen
as a security breach happened two months back.
An assistant commissioner with the city police has been
entrusted with the inquiry in the case focussing on how the
pilot ventured out and managed to stay in the city without the
knowledge of intelligence and security agencies, police
sources said on Sunday.
Khalid Rasheed, the pilot-in-command of Ethihad, flew a
scheduled flight to the city on May 6 and stayed for a whole
day in a five-star hotel in the city allegedly without
informing the police or immigration authorities of his
stay in the city, the sources said.
The next day he operated the return flight.
Sources said the case involved violation of a recent
stringent circular restricting arrival of Pakistani pilots
flying aircraft to airports in the four metropolitan cities in
Pakistani crew members and pilots in other airports
across the country have to stay inside the retiring rooms in
the airports under strict security cover in the event of their
flights operating there.
According to Foreigners Registration Act, it was the
responsibility of the police and its intelligence wing to keep
a tab on foreign nationals staying in the city, especially
those from Pakitstan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
Also, the foreign airlines are expected to keep the
authorities informed of the details of the foreign pilot
flying to the country, the sources said.
"We would be conducting a comprehensive probe into all
aspects of the case including if there was intelligence
failure", a senior police official said.
However, the hotel authorities have said the pilot had
given all details required when he filled up the required
form and that they had passed this to the officials concerned.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert