Security agencies probing Pak pilot arrival, stay in city
Thiruvananthapuram: Security agencies are
investigating how a Pakistani pilot of a Gulf-based foreign
airline was allowed to land here in violation of rules and
even stayed overnight in a City hotel apparently without the
knowledge of authorities.
The incident which has triggered a controversy and seen
as a security breach happened two months back.
An assistant commissioner with the city police has been
entrusted with the inquiry in the case focussing on how the
pilot ventured out and managed to stay in the city without the
knowledge of intelligence and security agencies, police
sources said on Sunday.
Khalid Rasheed, the pilot-in-command of Ethihad, flew a
scheduled flight to the city on May 6 and stayed for a whole
day in a five-star hotel in the city allegedly without
informing the police or immigration authorities of his
stay in the city, the sources said.
The next day he operated the return flight.
Sources said the case involved violation of a recent
stringent circular restricting arrival of Pakistani pilots
flying aircraft to airports in the four metropolitan cities in
Pakistani crew members and pilots in other airports
across the country have to stay inside the retiring rooms in
the airports under strict security cover in the event of their
flights operating there.
According to Foreigners Registration Act, it was the
responsibility of the police and its intelligence wing to keep
a tab on foreign nationals staying in the city, especially
those from Pakitstan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
Also, the foreign airlines are expected to keep the
authorities informed of the details of the foreign pilot
flying to the country, the sources said.
"We would be conducting a comprehensive probe into all
aspects of the case including if there was intelligence
failure", a senior police official said.
However, the hotel authorities have said the pilot had
given all details required when he filled up the required
form and that they had passed this to the officials concerned.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state