Security lapse as Rahul Gandhi`s car runs low on fuel in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: In a security lapse, the car in which Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi was travelling in ran short of fuel at Mankombu near Alappuzha on Monday.
Gandhi was travelling with Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala in his official car.
The driver of the car saw the fuel level running low while passing through Mankumbu on Changabassery-Alappuzha road.
The vehicle then stopped at the next petrol pump for refuelling.
Gandhi was returning to the airport after participating in the `Kerala Yatra` organized by the state unit of the Youth Congress.
Asked about the incident, a top police official denied the suggestion that it involved security lapse.
Gandhi had walked with the party workers in the yatra for a while at Noornad in Alappuzha district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet