Security lapse as Rahul Gandhi`s car runs low on fuel in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: In a security lapse, the car in which Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi was travelling in ran short of fuel at Mankombu near Alappuzha on Monday.
Gandhi was travelling with Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala in his official car.
The driver of the car saw the fuel level running low while passing through Mankumbu on Changabassery-Alappuzha road.
The vehicle then stopped at the next petrol pump for refuelling.
Gandhi was returning to the airport after participating in the `Kerala Yatra` organized by the state unit of the Youth Congress.
Asked about the incident, a top police official denied the suggestion that it involved security lapse.
Gandhi had walked with the party workers in the yatra for a while at Noornad in Alappuzha district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate