Semi clad women protest against Uttar Pradesh rape
Kochi: In an effort to draw attention to the recent rape cases in UP, five women activists here staged a protest in front of the Kerala High Court with just sheets wrapped around them.
The activists, members of `Stree Kootaima` (women`s group) were part of a 30-member group which had staged a protest in front of the High Court yesterday against the rape cases in UP including the gangrape of two cousin sisters in Badaun district.
Police said the five women were taken into custody and later released on bail for causing public nuisance and for their obscene act.
Cases under various sections of IPC including 143/147 (unlawful assembly, punishment for rioting), 283 (danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation), 294 (a) (obscene acts) and 118 (a) of Kerala Special Police Act were slapped against the five women.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption