Semi clad women protest against Uttar Pradesh rape
Kochi: In an effort to draw attention to the recent rape cases in UP, five women activists here staged a protest in front of the Kerala High Court with just sheets wrapped around them.
The activists, members of `Stree Kootaima` (women`s group) were part of a 30-member group which had staged a protest in front of the High Court yesterday against the rape cases in UP including the gangrape of two cousin sisters in Badaun district.
Police said the five women were taken into custody and later released on bail for causing public nuisance and for their obscene act.
Cases under various sections of IPC including 143/147 (unlawful assembly, punishment for rioting), 283 (danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation), 294 (a) (obscene acts) and 118 (a) of Kerala Special Police Act were slapped against the five women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!