Semi clad women protest against Uttar Pradesh rape
Kochi: In an effort to draw attention to the recent rape cases in UP, five women activists here staged a protest in front of the Kerala High Court with just sheets wrapped around them.
The activists, members of `Stree Kootaima` (women`s group) were part of a 30-member group which had staged a protest in front of the High Court yesterday against the rape cases in UP including the gangrape of two cousin sisters in Badaun district.
Police said the five women were taken into custody and later released on bail for causing public nuisance and for their obscene act.
Cases under various sections of IPC including 143/147 (unlawful assembly, punishment for rioting), 283 (danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation), 294 (a) (obscene acts) and 118 (a) of Kerala Special Police Act were slapped against the five women.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal