Seven students held on murder charge remanded
Namakkal: The seven Keralite engineering students of a private college here, arrested on the charge of murdering one of their juniors and severely injuring another in a suspected case of ragging, were on Saturday remanded to judicial custody for 15 days by a court.
The students, charged with murder, rioting and attempt to murder, were produced before Rasipuram Judicial Magistrate A Munuswamy who remanded them to judicial custody.
Two of them were lodged in the Central Prison in Salem while the others were sent to the Sub-jail at Paramathy.
The third year students of Gnanamani Engineering College had yesterday asked their juniors to fetch them drinking water from a tank which they refused, following which they were threatened with dire consequences.
After college hours, the duo left for home on a motorbike and as they neared a junction, were intercepted by the seven students in a car and attacked with iron rods. One of the juniors died on the spot and the other suffered head injuries, police said.
The students sped away in the car, but locals alerted the police, who nabbed them at nearby Omalur.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?