Seven warships of Eastern fleet depart after 4-day visit
Kochi: Seven warships of the formidable Eastern Fleet of the Indian Navy today embarked on their onward journey after a four-day visit to this port city.
Admiral Ajith Kumar P, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, flying the flag on board INS Ranvijay, and the other ships of the Fleet sailed into Kochi harbour on March 4, a statement from defence ministry said.
The ships were returning after participating in TROPEX, the theatre level exercise of the Navy, conducted off the west coast of India last month.
The other ships of Eastern Fleet sailing in company were INS Rana, INS Jalashwa, INS Kulish, INS Karmukh, INS Sukanya and INS Shakti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning