Seven warships of Eastern fleet depart after 4-day visit
Kochi: Seven warships of the formidable Eastern Fleet of the Indian Navy today embarked on their onward journey after a four-day visit to this port city.
Admiral Ajith Kumar P, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, flying the flag on board INS Ranvijay, and the other ships of the Fleet sailed into Kochi harbour on March 4, a statement from defence ministry said.
The ships were returning after participating in TROPEX, the theatre level exercise of the Navy, conducted off the west coast of India last month.
The other ships of Eastern Fleet sailing in company were INS Rana, INS Jalashwa, INS Kulish, INS Karmukh, INS Sukanya and INS Shakti.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Fierce gunfight underway between militants and security forces in Kashmir's Kupwara
- RBI retains 'too big to fail' tag for SBI, ICICI Bank
- Wow! First driverless taxi hits the streets of Singapore
- Cricketer Dwayne Bravo to sing peppy number in Bollywood for 'Tum Bin 2'
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays