Seven warships of Eastern fleet depart after 4-day visit
Kochi: Seven warships of the formidable Eastern Fleet of the Indian Navy today embarked on their onward journey after a four-day visit to this port city.
Admiral Ajith Kumar P, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, flying the flag on board INS Ranvijay, and the other ships of the Fleet sailed into Kochi harbour on March 4, a statement from defence ministry said.
The ships were returning after participating in TROPEX, the theatre level exercise of the Navy, conducted off the west coast of India last month.
The other ships of Eastern Fleet sailing in company were INS Rana, INS Jalashwa, INS Kulish, INS Karmukh, INS Sukanya and INS Shakti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra