Sex charge: KPCC probe panel exonerates Unnithan
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Pradesh
Congress Committee today withdrew the suspension of former
KPCC general secretary Rajmohan Unnithan after he was found in
a house with a woman a few months back.
The action against Unnithan was revoked by KPCC president
Ramesh Chennithala after a party panel set up to probe the
incident found there was no proof of him having illicit
relations with the woman.
The report was submitted to the KPCC by party leader from
Kozhikode, N P Moideen, who had conducted the internal probe.
Unnithan was found with a woman, said to be a Seva Dal
worker, in a house at Manjeri in Malappuram district on
December 20, 2009. Local people surrounded the house, alleging
he had come there as he had illicit relations with the woman
staying in the house on rent.
He and the woman were then taken to the local police
station and let off.
The KPCC president immediately suspended him from the
party and an organisational inquiry was ordered.
Moideen said in his report that he did not come across
any proof to substantiate the charge against Unnithan. No one,
including workers of other political parties, had come forward
to make any statement against him, the report said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh