Sex racket case: HC directs IGP to supervise probe
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday directed South
Zone IGP K Padmakumar to supervise investigation of a case
relating to a sex racket in which young girls from the state
were taken to Gulf countries.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice J Chelemewar and
Justice P Ramachandra Menon directed the state and provide
necessary support for the probe, on a petition filed by one of
the victims, who claimed to have escaped from the Gulf.
The court also sought a progress report of the probe by
According to the petitioner, over 300 girls from Kerala
are detained in various centres in Gulf countries and are
seeking intervention of the state government.
The petitioner said she was offered a job during 2007 in a
super market at Sharjah. Thereafter she was kept in a flat
there and abused by several persons. Over 300 girls from the
state were victims of the racket, she said.
The 30-year-old petitioner had sought a direction to state
Home Secretary to appoint a Special Investigation Team headed
by an officer in the rank of IGP and conduct an investigation
into the case.
She also sought to take steps to rescue those victims
trapped in UAE.
The petitioner said though the Pathnamthitta police had
registered a case in 2007, there were serious lapses in the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor