`Sex with young girls has become luxury of rich`
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday said
that sex with young girls had become the "luxury" of the rich
and rejected the bail pleas of eight accused in a case
relating to the rape of a minor girl allegedly by 100-odd men
over a period of time.
"Sex with young girls had become the luxury of the
rich and the hunt for virgins had gained momentum. This may be
because of fear of AIDS," Justice K T Shankaran observed.
He dismissed the bail applications of eight accused,
including CPI-M local leader Thomas Varghese, in the case
relating to the rape of the 14-year old girl of Paravoor in
So far over 60 people, including the girl`s father,
have been arrested in the case.
In her complaint to the police in June, the girl had
said her father, who used to do small roles in Malayalam
films, was the first to rape her. He then took her to various
places and `offered` her to at least 100 men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes