`Sex with young girls has become luxury of rich`
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday said
that sex with young girls had become the "luxury" of the rich
and rejected the bail pleas of eight accused in a case
relating to the rape of a minor girl allegedly by 100-odd men
over a period of time.
"Sex with young girls had become the luxury of the
rich and the hunt for virgins had gained momentum. This may be
because of fear of AIDS," Justice K T Shankaran observed.
He dismissed the bail applications of eight accused,
including CPI-M local leader Thomas Varghese, in the case
relating to the rape of the 14-year old girl of Paravoor in
So far over 60 people, including the girl`s father,
have been arrested in the case.
In her complaint to the police in June, the girl had
said her father, who used to do small roles in Malayalam
films, was the first to rape her. He then took her to various
places and `offered` her to at least 100 men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Delhi HC to hear Himachal CM Virbhadra Singh's plea in money laundering case
- JNU student arrested for raping foreign national at hostel after getting her drunk
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan celebrates birthday with Bollywood star kids—See who all came!
- Trouble deepens for P Chidambaram's son; ED likely to question him soon
- Thailand dormitory fire kills 17 schoolgirls