`Sex with young girls has become luxury of rich`
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday said
that sex with young girls had become the "luxury" of the rich
and rejected the bail pleas of eight accused in a case
relating to the rape of a minor girl allegedly by 100-odd men
over a period of time.
"Sex with young girls had become the luxury of the
rich and the hunt for virgins had gained momentum. This may be
because of fear of AIDS," Justice K T Shankaran observed.
He dismissed the bail applications of eight accused,
including CPI-M local leader Thomas Varghese, in the case
relating to the rape of the 14-year old girl of Paravoor in
So far over 60 people, including the girl`s father,
have been arrested in the case.
In her complaint to the police in June, the girl had
said her father, who used to do small roles in Malayalam
films, was the first to rape her. He then took her to various
places and `offered` her to at least 100 men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves