Sexual harassment case: Family rallying behind Jose Thettayil
Kochi: The wife of former LDF minister Jose Thettayil (JD-S), embroiled in a sex harassment case, on Monday came out in his support, saying the charge against him is part of a "political conspiracy" and that he has the complete backing of his family.
Speaking to reporters at nearby Angamally, his wife Daisy maintained her husband had done no wrong and that both he and her son were being `hunted`, based on a complaint by a woman. "Thettayil has the complete backing of his family," she said.
She said she would file a complaint against the woman with the Human Rights Commission, Governor and Assembly Speaker.
Daisy alleged some persons were trying to blackmail her husband and son with video clippings and police were trying to protect the woman who committed a cyber offence. "Thettayil has fallen prey to a political conspiracy," she said.
Meanwhile, the woman in question said her complaint was not politically motivated. "If Thettayil is not guilty, he should appear before the police", she told television channels.
She also expressed satisfaction at the pace of investigation.
Police had booked a case against Thettayil on Jun 22, based on a complaint from the woman alleging sexual harassment.
The woman had alleged that she was sexually abused by Thettayil and his son in a flat at Aluva near Kochi last year.
The former transport minister and his son Adarsh are the two accused in the case.
Thettayil had said he would face the case legally and it was a "political conspiracy" against him to tarnish his image.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United