Sexual harassment case: Family rallying behind Jose Thettayil
Kochi: The wife of former LDF minister Jose Thettayil (JD-S), embroiled in a sex harassment case, on Monday came out in his support, saying the charge against him is part of a "political conspiracy" and that he has the complete backing of his family.
Speaking to reporters at nearby Angamally, his wife Daisy maintained her husband had done no wrong and that both he and her son were being `hunted`, based on a complaint by a woman. "Thettayil has the complete backing of his family," she said.
She said she would file a complaint against the woman with the Human Rights Commission, Governor and Assembly Speaker.
Daisy alleged some persons were trying to blackmail her husband and son with video clippings and police were trying to protect the woman who committed a cyber offence. "Thettayil has fallen prey to a political conspiracy," she said.
Meanwhile, the woman in question said her complaint was not politically motivated. "If Thettayil is not guilty, he should appear before the police", she told television channels.
She also expressed satisfaction at the pace of investigation.
Police had booked a case against Thettayil on Jun 22, based on a complaint from the woman alleging sexual harassment.
The woman had alleged that she was sexually abused by Thettayil and his son in a flat at Aluva near Kochi last year.
The former transport minister and his son Adarsh are the two accused in the case.
Thettayil had said he would face the case legally and it was a "political conspiracy" against him to tarnish his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day