Sexual harassment case: Family rallying behind Jose Thettayil
Kochi: The wife of former LDF minister Jose Thettayil (JD-S), embroiled in a sex harassment case, on Monday came out in his support, saying the charge against him is part of a "political conspiracy" and that he has the complete backing of his family.
Speaking to reporters at nearby Angamally, his wife Daisy maintained her husband had done no wrong and that both he and her son were being `hunted`, based on a complaint by a woman. "Thettayil has the complete backing of his family," she said.
She said she would file a complaint against the woman with the Human Rights Commission, Governor and Assembly Speaker.
Daisy alleged some persons were trying to blackmail her husband and son with video clippings and police were trying to protect the woman who committed a cyber offence. "Thettayil has fallen prey to a political conspiracy," she said.
Meanwhile, the woman in question said her complaint was not politically motivated. "If Thettayil is not guilty, he should appear before the police", she told television channels.
She also expressed satisfaction at the pace of investigation.
Police had booked a case against Thettayil on Jun 22, based on a complaint from the woman alleging sexual harassment.
The woman had alleged that she was sexually abused by Thettayil and his son in a flat at Aluva near Kochi last year.
The former transport minister and his son Adarsh are the two accused in the case.
Thettayil had said he would face the case legally and it was a "political conspiracy" against him to tarnish his image.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Far right FN party calls for French "Frexit" referendum on EU
- Congress seeks disqualification of MLCs who defected to TRS
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone have a gala time! SEE pic
- After Brexit victory, India says will strive to strengthen ties with UK, EU both
- Tusk says EU `determined to keep our unity as 27` after Brexit