SFI founder leader C Bhaskaran passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: C Bhaskaran, the first
president of CPI-M`s student outfit -- SFI, died in a private
hospital at Chennai, party sources said on Sunday.
Bhaskaran (65), who passed away yesterday, had been
undergoing treatment for kidney problems.
He is survived by wife Thulasi Bhaskaran, a former
journalist with CPI(M) daily Deshabhimani here, and two sons.
Hailing from Kannur, Bhaskaran had been a pro-Left
student activist since his school days and went on to become
the President of the Kerala Students Federation, which later
became the all-India campus outfit--SFI.
He was elected as the first president of the SFI in 1970
and held that position till 1974.
An author of several books on the evolution of the
Communist movement in India and history of labour and agrarian
struggles, Bhaskaran had for long been associated with
the ideological journals and book publication of the CPI(M)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days