SFI founder leader C Bhaskaran passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: C Bhaskaran, the first
president of CPI-M`s student outfit -- SFI, died in a private
hospital at Chennai, party sources said on Sunday.
Bhaskaran (65), who passed away yesterday, had been
undergoing treatment for kidney problems.
He is survived by wife Thulasi Bhaskaran, a former
journalist with CPI(M) daily Deshabhimani here, and two sons.
Hailing from Kannur, Bhaskaran had been a pro-Left
student activist since his school days and went on to become
the President of the Kerala Students Federation, which later
became the all-India campus outfit--SFI.
He was elected as the first president of the SFI in 1970
and held that position till 1974.
An author of several books on the evolution of the
Communist movement in India and history of labour and agrarian
struggles, Bhaskaran had for long been associated with
the ideological journals and book publication of the CPI(M)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation