SFI founder leader C Bhaskaran passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: C Bhaskaran, the first
president of CPI-M`s student outfit -- SFI, died in a private
hospital at Chennai, party sources said on Sunday.
Bhaskaran (65), who passed away yesterday, had been
undergoing treatment for kidney problems.
He is survived by wife Thulasi Bhaskaran, a former
journalist with CPI(M) daily Deshabhimani here, and two sons.
Hailing from Kannur, Bhaskaran had been a pro-Left
student activist since his school days and went on to become
the President of the Kerala Students Federation, which later
became the all-India campus outfit--SFI.
He was elected as the first president of the SFI in 1970
and held that position till 1974.
An author of several books on the evolution of the
Communist movement in India and history of labour and agrarian
struggles, Bhaskaran had for long been associated with
the ideological journals and book publication of the CPI(M)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in