SFI founder leader C Bhaskaran passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: C Bhaskaran, the first
president of CPI-M`s student outfit -- SFI, died in a private
hospital at Chennai, party sources said on Sunday.
Bhaskaran (65), who passed away yesterday, had been
undergoing treatment for kidney problems.
He is survived by wife Thulasi Bhaskaran, a former
journalist with CPI(M) daily Deshabhimani here, and two sons.
Hailing from Kannur, Bhaskaran had been a pro-Left
student activist since his school days and went on to become
the President of the Kerala Students Federation, which later
became the all-India campus outfit--SFI.
He was elected as the first president of the SFI in 1970
and held that position till 1974.
An author of several books on the evolution of the
Communist movement in India and history of labour and agrarian
struggles, Bhaskaran had for long been associated with
the ideological journals and book publication of the CPI(M)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video