SFI founder leader C Bhaskaran passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: C Bhaskaran, the first
president of CPI-M`s student outfit -- SFI, died in a private
hospital at Chennai, party sources said on Sunday.
Bhaskaran (65), who passed away yesterday, had been
undergoing treatment for kidney problems.
He is survived by wife Thulasi Bhaskaran, a former
journalist with CPI(M) daily Deshabhimani here, and two sons.
Hailing from Kannur, Bhaskaran had been a pro-Left
student activist since his school days and went on to become
the President of the Kerala Students Federation, which later
became the all-India campus outfit--SFI.
He was elected as the first president of the SFI in 1970
and held that position till 1974.
An author of several books on the evolution of the
Communist movement in India and history of labour and agrarian
struggles, Bhaskaran had for long been associated with
the ideological journals and book publication of the CPI(M)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs