Shashi Tharoor says "not me" to Swamy`s tweet
Thiruvananthapuram: Union Minister Shashi Tharoor faced some embarrassing moments when media persons sought his response to BJP leader Subramaniam Swamy`s allegation that a central minister from Kerala had misused powers to get his son out of a UAE prison.
"My sons were not involved in the case. I have not tried to save anyone," Tharoor said when reporters confronted him at the airport last evening and asked him who he thought the minister Swamy was alluding to.
Stoking a controversy, Swamy had on Wednesday alleged that a Union Minister from Kerala had used his office to get his son out of a UAE prison.
Making the allegation in the micro blogging site Twitter, Swamy said `what prompted a Union minister from Kerala to use his office to get his son out of jail in UAE? Due to narcotic trafficking charges?` The BJP leader did not name the Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!