Shashi Tharoor says "not me" to Swamy`s tweet
Thiruvananthapuram: Union Minister Shashi Tharoor faced some embarrassing moments when media persons sought his response to BJP leader Subramaniam Swamy`s allegation that a central minister from Kerala had misused powers to get his son out of a UAE prison.
"My sons were not involved in the case. I have not tried to save anyone," Tharoor said when reporters confronted him at the airport last evening and asked him who he thought the minister Swamy was alluding to.
Stoking a controversy, Swamy had on Wednesday alleged that a Union Minister from Kerala had used his office to get his son out of a UAE prison.
Making the allegation in the micro blogging site Twitter, Swamy said `what prompted a Union minister from Kerala to use his office to get his son out of jail in UAE? Due to narcotic trafficking charges?` The BJP leader did not name the Minister.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal