Shashi Tharoor to ask questions for online quiz on Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Sashi Tharoor will host Kerala Tourism’s online quiz show starting from May 10.
Tharoor, who founded the Quiz Club at his alma mater St Stephen’s College in Delhi in 1974, will be asking one question everyday for almost two months in the first online quiz show by a tourism department in India.
Referring to his initiative in St Stephen`s, Tharoor said "It was the first college Quiz Club in the country and is still in existence, a model for others."
In the upcoming show, Tharoor will pose questions on the nature, geography and culture of "God’s Own Country", whose virtual platform is the Kerala Tourism Website (www.keralatourism.org).
The Quiz Show has already received a huge response with thousands of enthusiasts registering themselves for the event, a Kerala Tourism release said today.
A majority of the registered participants are from outside Kerala, including thousands from across India and abroad, though the well spread-out Malayalee diaspora accounted for only about 10 per cent of the participants so far.
The registration is open during the entire course of the Quiz Show.
The participants will get 24 hours to answer the questions posed by Tharoor everyday. The answers could be posted online, on the Kerala Tourism Website. The Quiz Show runs up to July 8.
As many as 6,200 gifts will be up for grabs for the correct answers. The gifts will be presented on a daily and weekly basis during the show.
Tharoor, who represents Thiruvananthapuram constituency in the Lok Sabha, is a former United Nations Under-Secretary General. The quiz master will be aided by visual clips for his questions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda