Shashi Tharoor`s office attacked in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s office here was attacked and a motorbike parked in the area damaged on Tuesday allegedly by activists of All India Youth Federation, youth wing of CPI.
The Minister of State for HRD, elected to Lok Sabha from Thiruvananthapuram, was not present in the office when the incident happened, Tharoor`s office sources said.
The attackers came in three autorikshaws and pleted stones and pulled down certain name plates placed in front of the office building, police said.
They also damaged the window panes. A case has been registered, police added.
No one has been taken into custody in connection with the incident, police said.
They said the attack was a sequel to the pelting of stones at District Congress Committee office here last night by AIYF activists.
AIFY activists and Youth Congress workers had clashed yesterday in the city during protest marches held by them in support of their positions on the solar scam issue.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!